Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Trip to Amish Country: The Mustang

This past weekend we made a trip down to the Lancaster County area in Pennsylvania to visit Amish country. On the way, however, we met up with good friends for lunch at the magnificent Longwood Gardens complex, founded by the du Pont family near the township of Kennet Square.

We pulled into the car park and could have parked almost anywhere. But I immediately spied this magnificent late 60s Mustang convertible. It was nearing completion of a very fine restoration job. My pleas to park beside it were rewarded, and I took a set of shots from most angles.

An enthusiast could provide the exact year -- I am guessing 1968/69. The 1967-69 period was my favourite for this iconic ordinary person's vehicle.







1 Comments:

Blogger Chris Barrus said...

WIthout being able to look under the hood, I'm pretty sure it's a 1965. Possibly a '66, but definitely either '65 or '66.

1:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home